• 1st Vaccine from 8 weeks old
• 2nd vaccine given 2 weeks later
• Boosters are given at each annual health check to maintain immunity. Please remember that this also gives us the opportunity to advise you regarding any matters that may concern you.
• The vaccines protect against Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Para influenza & Leptospirosis.
• There is also a Kennel Cough vaccine available which is administered up a nostril once yearly. It is recommended if your puppy is going to be socializing with other dogs.
• Worm monthly until 6 months old, then frequency depends on the product used.
• We strongly Prinovox for dogs as it protects against the potentially fatal lungworm.
• In the first 6 months of a puppy’s life, we also suggest popping into the surgery at monthly intervals weighing & worming. That way, your pups’ weight can be monitored and hopefully your puppy won’t be afraid of visiting the vets since they will be so used to us.
• Apply Prinovox every month to the back of the neck, throughout your pets’ life. Fleas are an all year round problem, nestling in carpets, skirting boards, and surviving the winter with our central heating. They irritate the skin and transmit tapeworms.
• This is injected into the scruff of the neck and provides permanent identification in case your pet is lost or stolen.
• Castration of male dogs can be done from 6 months old.
• This reduces the problem of distant straying to find mates, testosterone driven aggression, and prevent health problems in later in life. Alternatives can also be discussed if you are hesitant to put your dog through surgery.
• Spaying of female dogs can be done from 6months old.
• This reduces the risk of mammary tumors & Pyometra (life-threatening infection of the uterus)
• Your bitch will no longer have seasons and there will be no chance of unwanted pregnancies
• Hills Vet Essentials Puppy food is recommended.
• The key benefits of this high quality diet include:
* Nutrients which protect and support a balanced digestive system
* Nutrients which support hair growth and coat shine
* Enhanced palatability to satisfy fussy appetites
* A synergistic complex of antioxidants to help support natural defenses
• This is a complete diet and does not require supplementation with different diets.
• Our nurses can advise you how much to feed.
• Also available are a range of prescription diets if your pet has been diagnosed with a specific condition.
• Accidents and health problems are often unpredictable. Good quality healthcare can become expensive and insurance is strongly advised.
• Our nurses can provide information on what to look for in selecting a policy.
We look forward to seeing your Puppy grow and thrive, and are very happy to answer any queries you have about the newest member of your family.